I recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows 8.1 and downloaded iTunes but it cant detect my iPad Air .
Here’s how I fixed it.
- Ensure the latest version of iTunes is installed.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Your iPhone or iPod should be displayed in the Unspecified section. Right-click it and select Properties.
- Note: If you don’t see your device listed here, ensure you have selected to trust the PC on the device and you are using a supported cable.